Sunday, March 10, 2013

Choices.

I chose to put food in my mouth, instead of feel my emotions.

I chose to live in America, rather than make my fiance choose between me and his home country.

I chose to fake it, instead of making it.

I chose to fix other people's problems, instead of my own.

I chose to eat intuitively, rather than count calories.

I chose to move back home, whether my husband was coming with us or not.

I chose to let him make up his own mind, instead of giving him an ultimatum.

I chose to pay the expense of therapy, rather than continue to do it on my own.

I chose to live at home with my parents, instead of forcing my family into a situation we weren't equipped for yet.

I chose to stop being afraid of my disease, and started living within its constraints.

I chose to learn how to work around some of those constraints, instead of letting them define me.

I chose to only have one child, rather than risk my life and my health for her potential sibling.

I chose to change Kiddlywink's daycare attendance, to suit my exercise schedule.

I chose to learn portion control from Lite'n'Easy, rather than be disappointed I wasn't losing weight.

I chose for us to go to the park and play, rather than give up when we arrived after the pool had closed.

I chose to suggest McDonald's sundaes by the lake, rather than bemoan it was TOO HOT too do anything!

I chose to eat pizza for dinner tonight, rather than something healthier, that I didn't want.

I chose to ignore the inner voice that shouted "family size", after Alaskaboy said he would order a large.

I chose to listen to my intuition which told me Kiddlywink wanted veggies, and learned that I did too.

I chose to cook, then cool, cauliflower, instead of eating a salad I didn't want.

I chose to eat two pieces of pizza plus the cauliflower, instead of gorging on four.

I chose to eat two pieces rather than one and a half, instead of eating more later because I'd felt denied.

I chose a few bites of emotional eating, it was better for my mental health than portion control tonight.

We all make hundreds of choices every day.

I'm learning to make better ones.

I'm making choices to be a healthy person, rather than the choices of a person on a diet.

Why?

Because I chose to believe Whitney when she sang about the greatest love of all.

I make my own choices.

Not a scale, not a diet, not anyone else.

I'm me, and it's MY choice.



1 Nibbles:

Shauna said...

hooray! beautifully said :)