Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Weeks 5 Through 8!

Wow, the last month has flown by!

Week 5:
Day 1: after the energetic week last week, I struggled to do 1/2 hr Wii Fit today.
Day 2: this was exciting!   
12 weeks ago, it never even entered my mind.
5 weeks ago, I vaguely thought, "Maybe...one day."
3 weeks ago, I said, "Remember when I used to do it years ago?"
Today, I did it.
It = walking to the local shopping centre and back. Although today it = pushing Kiddlywink in the pram to her school, which is in the same strip mall as the shopping centre, and then pushing the empty pram back again.

Day 3: 1/2 hr walk.

Week 6:
Day 1: 1 hour walk. Normally I have to stop two or three times along this particular route. Today I did it non-stop. Beating the heat strategy...carrying a golf umbrella to stave off the direct sunlight. 

The rest of week 6 and all of week 7 were a complete bust because I had a deeply congestive cold that made it hard enough to breathe while sitting still..and gave me nausea, feelings of faintness and extreme wobbliness if I did anything too strenuous..such as getting out of bed!

Week 8:
I finished on a high note though.
Day 1:
45 mins water aerobics. This was easier than 8 weeks ago.
Day 2: 1 hour wii fit..with new personal bests all over the place! I noticed it's easier to lift my legs too while marching/aerobics etc because my pannus is less.
Day 3: 1/2 hr swim.
Day 4: 1 hour walk. Again the umbrella came in handy.

2 Nibbles:

Shauna said...

POW! Bloody awesome progress! :)

Kada said...

{grin} POW, indeed! I feel all strong and slinky like Batman! Full of derring do and knocking down emotional barriers with a CRASH! BAM! POW!!!