Friday, February 22, 2013

A Dear John Letter.

Dear (Weight Loss Club),

Health, to me, is about so much more than weight on a scale. I've been achieving Non-Scale Victories for several months now, and feeling stronger and more confident because of those. The last few times I've come in to weigh-in, I left feeling disheartened and angry. I was having to pay fines for gaining weight, even though it was muscle weight. And being penalised for progress was not good for my mental health, nor my wallet!

I've struggled with this decision for six months now and have at last come to a firm decision. While I believe that the (weight loss club) philosophy is a wonderful one--and I love (name of my branch) club--personally, at the moment, it is not a good fit for me.

So, even though I support you all, and especially my mum as Leader, I must resign from the club. (I will continue to put the weekly and annual fees towards other fitness uses though!)

I wish you all the best success in doing what works for your own healthy minds, bodies, spirits, and lifestyles.

Regards,

ME!

0 Nibbles: