Tuesday, January 15, 2013

GRRRRRrrrrrrrr!

After a very restless night, I carried Kiddlywink to the car the other morning. She woke up most of the way while I drove my mum to work..and was extremely hungry minutes later. I went through the drive through and ordered her some hotcakes and a hash brown.
When I got to the payment window I asked the cashier if Kiddlywink could order some pretend pancakes for her toy. Most cashiers are good about letting her say hello or pretend ordering. This one, I was ready to smash in the face by the time she was done.

She agreed, then I pulled forward so the back window was level with her station. I wound down the window and Kiddlywink said, "May I order some pretend pancakes for my piggy?" (Her angry birds' green pig blanket that my aunt bought for her)
Cashier, "Does your teddy bear want some pancakes?"
Kiddlywink, "No, I'd like some for my piggy please!" and she held up the pig face hood to face the cashier.
The cashier said, "But your teddy bear will get fat..." and proceeded to hold her hands out two feet apart.
There was confused silence from the back of the car for a few beats, then, "But, they're only pretend pancakes and piggy's very hungry."
Cashier, "Eating all those hotcakes will make your teddy fat."

Me..."Right thanks, have a nice day." I drove forward a little bit..and before we even got to the next window.."Why will they make piggy fat, and why did she keep saying teddy?"
ME, "Because she was being silly wasn't she?"
KW, "Yes. Piggy is very hungry, and so am I."

After putting her food on the passenger seat, because she'd decided she wanted to eat them at home, I said to her, "It's okay for anyone to eat pancakes when they're hungry. And besides piggies are supposed to be fat, it makes them taste better! Yummy meat."
KW, "Nooo, that's not meat, it's mud! You don't eat mud!"

I love that KW has no hang ups about food. All foods are equal, nothing is emotionally charged because it's forbidden.
Fancy saying "Your teddy will get fat"! To a three year old? Especially when she's just ordered the same thing to eat.
After all that, the hash brown wasn't in the bag..so after she'd finished what she wanted to eat of the pancakes, we went back up to the store to complain. I also rang in front of KW to let them know about the missing item. No standing back and saying, "It doesn't matter."
Mistakes are all right, she knows that..but she also knows that when you pay for something, it's proper to receive what you bought.
okay, rant over.

0 Nibbles: