Friday, December 28, 2012

Sticking it to Christmas AND Summer!

AKA Week Two Update.

Christmas Day was wonderful. Family, fun, frivolity, plenty of seasonal joy, plus presents. 
Food, holy crap was there food. But, there was also exercise!
Christmas night, after everyone went home, my mum and I, along with my brother's dog, went for a half an hour walk. 'Twas lovely to have a dog along for the walk once again.
The fireworks that people in the neighbourhood set off were magnificent. 

It's amazing how heavy a Jack Russell is to carry, especially when pressing back into my chest in fear of the fireworks. Once they stopped he was his regular jaunty self again.
Extra Bonus: As a result, I slept much better than usual after the excesses of the feasting festivus.


Day Two was a half hour walk along the bike paths, nice and slow. 

Day 3 was too hot to walk too far from home, or do Wii Fiit. (Plus, first day of my period equaled severe cramps, so no water aerobics.) Instead, I walked many circuits around the perimeter of the house; including multiple trips up and down the driveway, around the back yard, along the front footpath, down the side path and back around under the verandah. I still feel like my upper legs are Biff from Back to the Future, and I'm Marty McFly, and they are tapping me very urgently and saying, "McThigh! Helloooo, McThigh?!"

Week 2?  Santa came to town, but I stuck it to summer!

My abs from water aerobics last week and my thighs this week are the first lot of DOMS I've had in a VERY long time. I'm wincing, but I'm grinning at the same time. 

0 Nibbles: