Friday, August 06, 2010

Ten Things You May Not Know About Me.

Thanks to the lovely Rita over at The Giggly Bits I've been in a bit of a tizz lately. Awhile back she tagged me and I was IT! But I then had to come up with ten things about me that a) you don't already know, b) I want the internets to know about, and c) that isn't boring as bat shit.

I hope I've manage to do that. But first.

* Thank my friend for giving me the award. Danke, Rita!
* Link back to the giver. I give you...The runningest Rita I know!
* Reveal 10 things about me. C'mon brain, we can do this!

1. During a round robin softball tournament, the team I played for was the only one to beat the team representing Japan.
2. As a child my dream was to grow up, fall in love, get married, have children and be a housewife. Mission accomplished.
3. As a young teen I used to cook dinner for my family and I'd dress the table up nice and then we'd eat by candlelight. Romantic candlelit dinners for the whole family. LOL
4. It took me a long time to realise that romance isn't flowers, candles, chocolates, loving odes etc. Romance is whatever my husband does that makes me feel special and/or melt into a big puddle of goo.
5. It's almost impossible for my husband to surprise me with something. Somehow, even without trying, something always occurs for me to figure it out beforehand. I have learned to keep my mouth shut if I do figure it out though.
6. I wish I could learn to scuba dive, but my slight claustrophobia prevents that happening. If science came up with a way to give us amphibious capabilities...sign me up!
7. I have a photo of me holding an actual Hugo award. It's above my desk. Alaskaboy taped a speech bubble to the frame that says, "I can haz a Hugo award!"
8. I wish I hadn't cared so much what other people thought/said about me as a child/teenager.
9. I'll give people the benefit of the doubt, but once I get to the point of no return, there's no going back. When you're wiped, you're wiped. I get that from my Dad's side of the family.
10. I hate to speak in public. Certain situations I'm fine, but put me in the spotlight and I freak out. I spent my wedding day happy but unnerved by all that attention.

And last but not least, I tag the gorgeous, Shauna!

1 Nibbles:

Shauna said...

Oh man, SO with you on #8!
thanks for the tag :) I am going to try and think of some things but you know after all these years of blogging diarrhoea i don't know if there is anything left!