Friday, June 05, 2009

Kiddlywink is Here!

Due to sudden onset of HELLP Syndrome, Kiddlywink McDonald was welcomed into the world the old fashioned way: Mummy under general anesthesia and Daddy sitting outside surgical theatre waiting for news.

Have had a rough week but both Mum and Kiddlywink are healthy. I came home this evening, Kiddlywink comes home tomorrow; we're off tonight to buy the bare necessities of the nursery.

Will update as I get a chance.

Mmm sleeep, how I miss you already!

(Alaskagirl's comment on Previous Post, now up here on main page to see}
BLOG UPDATE 6/2/09: Kada tried to have me sign in and update the blog properly, but it wouldn't let me for some reason, so hopefully dedicated readers will check these comments.

What Kada thought were the normal pains of late pregnancy was actually HELLP syndrome, and as a result, she had an emergency C-section. Kiddlywink has joined us in breathing air, and quite well, too, for such an early, tiny baby.

Both Kada and Kiddlywink are doing well (now). Kiddlywink is over 3.5 pounds, and apparently the spitting image of her daddy. She gets time to sleep on her daddy's chest (kangaroo care), and Kada is well enough to do some care too.

5 Nibbles:

Amanda said...

OMG! Congratulations to both of you. That must have been very scary, but I'm so glad that you're both doing okay now.

I'm going to email you for your address, so that I can send you some stuff.

Congratulations- can't wait to hear more about Kiddlywink.

xoxo

sharnee said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!! I hope you're both doing well and Kiddlywink settles well when you bring him/her (?) home. Also hope you're recovering well from the caesarean - I know how nasty that is! Take it easy!

cmae said...

Hooray!!

Joc said...

Wow wow wow that is exciting news!

Sorry to hear that an emergency situation developed, but so happy to hear you are all well.

Hang in there, cant wait to hear more. Congratulations!

Marshmallow said...

Way to freak me out, woman! But I'm SO glad to hear that you and Kiddlywink are doing well now - and HUGE congratulations to you and Alaskaboy!

Am so looking forward to meeting Kiddlywink in December :-D