Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A sign of things to come?

I blinked open my eyes this morning, squinting against the morning light streaming in through the east-facing kitchen window. My eyes then focused on a pair of hairy shins, standing on the lounge room carpet next to the airbed.

As I looked higher I made note of the pillow clutched in one hand and his doona/comforter hoisted over the other shoulder. Topping it all off was ringlets gone wild and a sleepy smile. "Can I get in bed with you?"

I think I melted enough to fill every divot on the airbed. God help me when it's our offspring in a similar scenario.

2 Nibbles:

Amanda said...

Oh, that would have made me melt, too! I was just thinking about you this morning- I was thinking about how I was sore after not a great night's sleep, and then I thought of Kada in her air bed, without her Alaska Boy... but you get him sometimes, it would seem!

Marshmallow said...

All together now...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

[aside, word verification is 'table', first time I've seen an ACTUAL word there!]