Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I know I've been kinda quiet lately, sorry about that. We've been flat out preparing all of the usual Christmas stuff; wrapping presents, writing Christmas letter and sending out cards. This year our efforts were hampered a little because I really wasn't there all mentally. After the banana and avocado episode where I felt so wonderful, I continued to feel wonderful for a few more days, and then my brains pretty much got scrambled, even more so than they have been lately.

However, it is a good thing to have my brain doing this at the moment. Not so good for me or for our To Do List, but it does mean that my body is full of wonderful hormones that are briskly going about doing their jobs. After I had some spotting last week and the week before I was really afraid that they WEREN'T doing their job properly and I pretty much stopped posting all together to rest up as much as possible. (I didn't even write some of the Draft mode posts I've been secretly doing and will now hit Publish on.)

We went in today for our next scheduled appointment and were happy to see that all is well and proceeding normally. Yes, all this obscure talk means that I am indeed pregnant. If all goes well, we'll be expecting to increase our family by one around 10th of July next year.

Sorry it's such a short update but we are heading out for our Christmas vacation tomorrow and so we're kinda in the middle of preparing for that. Thank God there's only one of us having pregnancy brain else we'd probably fly out with all the wrong clothes or something. LOL

Hope everyone has a fabulous holiday season and that the new year is a healthy and prosperous one.

3 Nibbles:

Joc said...

OMG Kada congratulations. I have my fingers crossed that everything runs smoothly for you.

As fas as pregnancy symptoms go I had none except the sore boobs in my first pregnancy, no morning sickness, no twinges, just the absence of blood. I almost forgot I was pregnant for the first three or four months, so if your symptoms are there some days and gone the next dont panic too much, chances are they will come back with a vengance a day or two later.

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Love Joc

Lisa B said...

Kada-

I am so happy for you and Alaska Boy! CONGRATULATIONS!

Best wishes for a happy healthy New Year!!

Lisa

Amanda said...

Hooray! I totally wasn't expecting THAT when I logged on tonight.

Congratulations to both of you!!

Merry Christmas, and a very happy, healthy New Year to all three of you!

Amanda
xoxo