Thursday, June 19, 2008

Family.

All my emotional work I've done this this week on coming to accept that my immediate family is now actually part of my extended family, and my Nan has been brought to front and center in my thoughts with painful immediacy today. Over the weekend she was hospitalised with heart pains, but was then released.
She's now back in hospital. . .with internal bleeding. She's had a transfusion and now we're waiting on tests to figure out what exactly is going on.
I'm all the way over here and I can't go and visit her, and it hurts so bad I don't have the words to tell you how I'm feeling.
Whatever it is, they better fix it because she promised me she'd be around to see my kids born at least. You hear that, kids, plural!
She's got to get better cause there's years to go yet before there's kids.

3 Nibbles:

Joc said...

Sending good and healing thoughts your Nan's way. Hope the next news is very good.
xxx

Marshmallow said...

Best wishes to your Nan, she is in my thoughts.

gwyneth said...

That's awful, Kada. I'm sending positive thoughts.