Saturday, May 24, 2008

Promises, Promises.

I was talking with my Dad on the phone last night, as per usual, about new recipes we'd made up recently. Funnily enough, he's an intuitive cook also. So, you can imagine how much fun we have inspiring each other, "You used those ingredients all together? Oh wow, I'll try and reproduce that dish later this week." LOL

And just before he hung up, he asked me if I'd been to the Y since I joined up. I made much of being too busy to have gone yet, but then I heard myself promise him I'd go the next day.

BUGGAH!

This morning I actually woke up with enough time to get to the pool for water aerobics. I scrambled the swimming bag together, threw a nutella sandwich in my face while driving to the pool, and made it only five minutes late. I woulda been in time for the class if I hadn't forgotten my goggles, nor locked my shoes outside the locker forcing me to have to unlock it again and shove the shoes inside. Sheesh.

Considering I'd planned on watching the class as I swam up and down a lane, this wasn't so bad. I really wanted to do the aerobics, but I wasn't sure how hot the pool was, what kinds of exercises they did, or how my body would react to resistance exercise after doing none for so long. So, I played it safe, once more.

I'm glad I did, because I'm pleasantly sore from 500m of slow swimming. Could only do backstroke and breaststroke without the goggles, but hey, at lest I got IN the pool instead of turning around and going back home. That's what I get for making a promise to my dad, no escape hatch!

0 Nibbles: