Monday, May 05, 2008

Intuitive Eating

The one thing I took away from the Intuitive Eating Group I used to belong to, was that no matter the manifestation of our eating disorders, we were all coming from the same place. Fear, anger, self hatred etc were the prime motivators, it was our expression of those negative emotions/feelings that was different.

In light of that, after going from homebirths, puppy births, baking techniques and breastfeeding tips, to intuitive eating tips--basically newly exploring the world of You Tube for informative rather than entertainment purposes--I found this.

He's a transgendered male that is recovering from three separate eating disorders. And just like the anorexics and bulimics in my eating group, I found listening to him was like listening to my own story in several ways. A lot of this is stuff I already know, but I like the way he presents the information and I felt like it renewed my own commitment to follow intuitive eating.

This series I found very interesting. Please do try and watch all four as each has something positive to say about Intuitive Eating and ways to help you recover from eating disorders. Well, at least I thought so. I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on them. Either via comments on this post, a blog post of your own or in an email.

Healthy Eating Tips Part 1: Nutrition Education and Servings


Healthy Eating Tips Part 2: Personalization and Presentation


Healthy Eating Tips: Part 3 (A) Peaceful and Intuitive Eating


Healthy Eating Tips Part 3 (B)


:) It also made me want to go out and buy the bento box lunchpack that I've been eying off for weeks now. . .and felt silly for wanting to have.

0 Nibbles: