Thursday, January 31, 2008

MMmmmmm Lunch.

I felt like doing something a little more fancy than the pasta, minestrone or sandwiches we've been having for lunch lately. And as you no doubt guessed from my post yesterday, I felt like Japanese food.

I made a kind of fusion meal, Japanese-Korean-Chinese.

Seaweed Salad Sushi.
Napa Cabbage Kimchi Sushi. (If I'd used Korean seaweed instead of Japanese, it'd be called kimbap instead of sushi.)
Miso Udon soup with baby spinach, tofu puffs and shiitake mushrooms. (Mine also contained shiitake'n'spinach wontons.)
Alaskaboy had chicken gyoza on the side instead of veg wontons in his soup.

The wontons, gyozas, kimchee, seaweed salad, miso paste etc were all store bought, only because I can't be bothered making my own. Why should I when these taste great, are healthy and so convenient? I like wholesome food as much as the next person, but there's a limit to even how much I'm prepared to do. LOL

I did commit picture though.



Woohoo! I feel like I'm getting in the swing of things again. Exercising, cooking, blogging, posting pics. It feels good to be back.

3 Nibbles:

Marshmallow said...

Can I come over to your place for lunch? I'll see you tomorrow at 12:30, okay? :-P Looks GORGEOUS!

Kada said...

Suuuuuuure. The weather's nice and chilly. I'll put the kettle on and you can sip a cuppa while I whip up something delish. You'll love it.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Yummoooooooooooooo