Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I would walk 100 miles. . .to gets the ice cream!

I'm finding it a little difficult to get back into the swing of things. Funnily enough, the exercise is the easiest part. I'm loving my little chart. Even Alaskaboy is finding it fun. Yesterday, after the completion of our walk, he eagerly handed me my packet o' stars for the fridge.


Behold : 100 miles in 100 days. (there's another page with March and April nearby, but that doesn't have any stars yet. Boring!)



Now I've come off the holiday downer the intuitive eating is starting to happen again. Although I admit today we waited too long for dinner. I was hungry when out grocery shopping and should have bought a little snack to munch on, but we're seriously watching the finances at the mo'. And you all know what happens when you get too hungry...I may as well have put my dinner down in a big bowl on the floor and gone at it like a pig with a trough.

I really enjoyed the tofu and veg stir fry with rice, but dessert was the mistake. We'd bought some mint choc chip ice cream and some bars we hadn't tried before. Walking up to the freezer my brain and taste buds were flashing MINT CHOC CHIP and for some reason I couldn't be arsed taking the time to get a bowl and the ice cream scoop, so I went straight for the easily accessible, and extremely quick to open and shove in my gob, coffee bar. I should have listened to Obi-Wan's advice. "This is not the ice cream you're looking for!" So, of course I had to dish out some of the leftover rice and mix it with some of the seaweed salad that is part of tomorrow's lunch, because we all know how rice and seaweed salad really make up for missing mint choc chip ice cream. (???) And mustn't forget the two spoonfuls I scooped off the cooling sushi rice. {shakes head at self}

You wanna know the irony?

I did up this little jobbie last night and stuck it on the fridge.



Funny thing is, I really don't feel overfull. Perhaps that's because I went for my walk after dinner instead of sitting down and gorging on a book or movie. And it's that kind of gorging that's been getting me into trouble. My work table has been all tidied up and ready to go for about ten days now. And when I say ready to go, I mean literally. All the current work I'm editing printed out, notes, pens etc.

See?



I just can't seem to bring myself to sit down at that table and do what I know I gotta do! In part I think it's because I was unable to work for so many months last year, and then the holiday, and now I'm laying down on my mental floor kickin' and screamin', "I don't wanna!" But mostly it's a dollop of good old fashioned fear that's seasoned with a dash of laziness.

So, I'm letting yas know here, up in big public letters, that I'm gonna send Curdish Capers out for submission by the end of February. Promise!

Oh, and I have to have the first scene of Serenade rewritten from Ghyrell's point of view by Valentine's Day.

By the way -- do feel free to nag me about it. LOL

2 Nibbles:

Marshmallow said...

Consider this a nag ;-)

And 100 miles in 100 days! I like it! :-D

Kada said...

Come the middle of February, I might need some nagging to get me up and out the door. LOL

BRRRR!