Saturday, June 23, 2007

Little Drummer Girl

For the last six days I haven't done any exercise, which means the 30*30 challenge has ended. Strangely enough, I'm not cut up about it. This week I've felt the need to rest and recuperate. I've done nothing but read, eat, unpack some boxes, and general futzing around.

This feeling of laziness may have something to do with the fact it's PMS week, but I think it's more than that. Mentally, emotionally and physically, I'm exhausted. Well, okay, I was exhausted, now I'm merely tired. This week has been the point were I've finally said, "Stop the world, I wanna get off for awhile."

And so I did.

This week, I unpacked boxes as it suited me; I ate what I wanted, when I wanted, even if it meant my taste buds were doing the guiding; I stayed up late and read until I couldn't keep my eyes open. I didn't do any soul searching; I didn't do anything related to settling into a new house or changing over old addresses; (Well, one, the INS but that was necessary.) And I certainly didn't do anything related to being healthy.

Slowly, but surely, as this week's going on, I'm rediscovering my joy in the things I've put on hold. They still seem like chores, meaning I'm not quite ready to go back to them yet, so, I'll continue with my R'n'R a little longer.

Funnily enough, the anxiety is starting to lift as well. Perhaps, this really is what I've needed. Time for me. Time to get used to this new environment and learn its sounds and characteristics. Time to remind myself just what it is to relax and enjoy some solitude, instead of hating being alone. Hmmm, maybe I have been doing some reflection then in amongst all this quiet, but that's okay.

The thinking, the plotting, the planning, the sheer drudgery that has been the past few months have dragged me down and I'd had a gutful. No pun intended. Even Duracell bunnies wear out eventually, so it makes sense that after being on the go for so long, this Coppertop was due to stop. I'm betting that by the end of the week I'll be wanting to move and be healthy again after my stint on the recharger.

4 Nibbles:

groovybabe said...

Sometimes we just need a break from everything.

kathrynoh said...

Sounds like you've been doing exactly what you needed :D

Kada said...

You're right, Groovybabe. And boy, was I ever due for a rest!

Kada said...

Yup, Kathryn.
Did feel strange to rest without the guilt of "Must exercise" and "must eat mindfully all the time" beating at my brain.