Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Water Baby has left the building.

I *know* I've improved on my last short story attempt, and well, if it gets accepted, that'd be the icing on the cake. If not, there's always next time.

After this last month I've had, I'm just proud of the fact that I was able to submit anything, let alone a whole and complete story. And it's certainly helped me realise I wouldn't want to be doing any other job in the world!
Now I fully understand "We do not write because we want to; we write because we have to." It doesn't matter what else is happening in your life, if the story is there, it will out itself...somehow. LOL

Now, I'm off to have some drinkies and watch Blazing Saddles.

8 Nibbles:

Wanna_B_slim said...

Oh good luck Kada....
How long before you know anything????

kathrynoh said...

Good luck (again). I reckon all you can do is send them out knowing you've done the best job you can. After that, it's out of your hands.

Enjoy your drinks.

Marshmallow said...

Best of luck! I have my fingers crossed for you :-D

Erin said...

Huzzah! Good for you, hope your story is accepted but if not, I still think it is beyond cool that you got it done and submitted, despite all the crapola that has abounded. Any chance your loyal blog readers could read some of your stuff?

Kada said...

Thanks, Erin. Yeah, I think it's pretty cool too. I'm guessing that's why I'm not a bundle of nerves like I normally am after handing in a story. I already have my pat on the back, so to speak. LOL

Sure! Excerpt is posted.

Kada said...

Thanks Marshy!
I celebrated by going out and getting ahair cut. The one I got the other week was giving me constant bad hair days. The hairdresser had cut it so it needed blowdrying to sit in the style...forgetting that I don't blowdry if I can help it. Well, dry yes; style, no. This is more of a wash and shake kind of cut. Yipee!

Keep them fingers crossed, I think it'll be about two weeks before we find out.

Kada said...

Thanks Kathryn. Oh I did. Went to have a rum and coke, but the captain morgan was all gone. Went for a Bacardi and lemonade.. no sprite. Decided on a kahlua and coke instead.
Felt very relaxed last night... so relaxed that the rest of the evening I kept alternating between singing puff the magic dragon and blazing saddles. LOL

Kada said...

Thanks Nannette. Two weeks approx. That's actually quite short for the publishing industry. Helps that it's email submissions. Somethings, ya can wait a year or more to find out. Yeesh.