Tuesday, May 01, 2007

30 By 30 Challenge.

I don't know where we'll be moving to.
I don't know when we'll be moving, except that it has to be by the end of May.
I don't know when the repairs will be finished here.
I don't know if we'll be coming back when they are done.
I don't know if we'll ever be able to afford to buy a home.
I don't know if this story I'm submitting will be accepted.

So much uncertainty at the moment, and now I understand why moving house is always worth major points on those life stress and real age tests. Moving house is stressful!

I don't know a lot of things, but I do know that I'm in need of something.
Something that will make me feel good about myself.
Something that will give me a constructive outlet for my frustrations.
Something to provide relaxation and centering when necessary.
Something that I can do for myself.
Something that will give me back the healthy feeling instead of the current Blech.

So, I've decided that I've giving myself a 30 by 30 challenge.
30 weeks. Which is how long it could take for the us to be able to move back in here. (If we still want to of course. We may be perfectly happy where we end up moving to this month.)
30 minutes of exercise per day.

Not forty five, not an hour, only thirty.

Thirty minutes every day. Time to exercise. Time to breathe. Time to revel in the fitness of my body. Time to connect with myself. Time to stretch, to flow, to simply be. Time for my mind, body and spirit. 30 mins a day in which I can guarantee myself that I'm doing something to make my life healthier and happier.

30 minutes where I am full of certainty.

I don't care about the scales, I don't care about looking sexy.

I care about enjoying my life.
I enjoy the foods I'm eating.
I enjoy the confidence that comes from living my life.
I enjoy exercise.

So, the rest of the world can just back off, for half an hour every day.

My life. My choice. My time!

1 Nibbles:

Wanna_B_slim said...

Excellent idea.. I was laying in bed last night reading a 3 yr old Slimmers magazine that i had been given last week and I read in it that 30 mins a day is gr8.... and even if it is broken down into 3 X 10 mins it is better than nothing....
So just aim for that on the days you can't get to do 30 mins straight...
Healthy and happy is good...
I hope you find a lovely new home to settle into...
Gr8 time to de-clutter and feel fresh again!!