Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Raising a glass.

After a lovely weekend away with friends in Kansas, Alaskaboy, me, and the friend we're staying with came home to some sad news.

Found out today that, on saturday, my great-aunt lost her battle with renal failure and blocked arteries. So very glad that Alaskaboy and I got to have that last phonecall with her late last year. We'll be drinking a shandy (beer and sprite/lemonade) in her memory.

Make sure you tell, even better yet show, your loved ones how much they mean to you, and often.

2 Nibbles:

Marshmallow said...

My condolences to you, Kada. I hope that you great Aunt was at peace and found some comfort before passing away.

*HUGZ*

Kada said...

Thanks, Raina. I hope so too. I'm really glad that she got one last christmas and birthday with her family.