Saturday, January 06, 2007

Fat days--don’t you love ‘em?

Yesterday I was feeling distinctly tired. No matter how much I’ve tried to sleep-in, each night I’ve been getting on average eight hours sleep. Now, I know this is a good thing because it shows I’m healthier than I’ve been in a long time, but dammit, we’re on holiday, I want to be able to sleep-in, just once! The tiredness wasn’t helped by the reading fest I’ve had for the last two days. Hmm, actually most of it probably is eyestrain making me feel tired. Whatever the cause, yesterday I was TIRED, and fat.

Yes, I had my first fat day in a long time, and I didn’t like it one little bit. All day I sat on the couch and read. Nothing wrong with that I know, but I didn’t do my hour of exercise.

OK, maybe I needed the rest.

Did I really need to go on a binge though?

I snacked all day long, didn’t have a real lunch at all. Come time to get dressed to go over to our friend’s sister’s house for a games night, I felt fat and awful, well, even fatter and more awful than I’d felt all day. And lemme tell you, that was pretty damn awful. Didn’t even get out of my pyjamas until the last possible minute.

I’ve seen the front part of the pannus start to bulge out again over the last couple of weeks. The last two days, it’s been extremely noticeable. Oh my god, I’m getting fat again! It must be all this different foods and whatnot. I have an idea; since I’m fat, let’s binge! Writing down my food diary last night I felt even more of a failure, I couldn’t even binge properly! Here I was thinking I’d eaten uncontrollably all day, and all I’d done is have a few large snacks instead of eating lunch. Not the healthiest of snacks I will admit, but it could have been much worse.

As I finished getting dressed and went out to model a couple of different choices for Alaskaboy, I was surprised to discover part of the reason I’ve been feeling so blah. I’ve tricked myself into thinking I’m fatter. My body has changed and my perception has been all screwy. The reason there’s bulging going on is because the pannus/apron is shrinking. Not only is it retreating up the body, so that the pouch of skin is smaller, the side bits near the hip are also disappearing. I’m guessing that because it is no longer riding down in my groin, but farther up on the mons pubis and abdomen, it naturally sticks out a little more?

Goodbye, Fat Day. Hello, Slimmer Hips.

And what was that? There on the back of my bottom where the glutes meet the thigh, the 16W jeans were slightly loose where they’ve never been loose before. Although, thanks to the bulging pannus, I now couldn’t wear the jeans because I had that awful divot where the zip ran down it. Oh well, back to the 18W’s for the night. Man, are they getting loose! Woohoo!

So, I guess this shall go down in my memory as The Fat Day That Wasn’t.

2 Nibbles:

Wanna_B_slim said...

OMG!!! You are a nutter..... haha...
Well I am having fats days that are just exactly that....

Kada said...

Yeah, I am. Just goes to show how perception can screw with your mind doesn't it?

Hope you have a Feelin' Great day soon! And several of them. :)