Wednesday, January 10, 2007

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

But snacking helps me keep my hunger at bay!

I'm curious to see what everyone else's favourite snacks are? New snacks are always fun to try

Here's mine:
Go Lean Rolls (protein bar) - will have half or a whole one depending on how hungry.
Turkey pepperoni
Cheese and tomato - either on toast, crackers, or just by themselves
Vanilla yoghurt with granola/muesli bars
Onion dip (dried onion soup mix with reduced fat sour cream or plain yoghurt) with vegetables
Hummus with veggies or bread of som kind
Cheesesticks (we prefer the frigo light brand to the precious light)*
Apple and Peanut Butter sandwich
Nuts. raw, or roasted but lightly salted, with fruit leather / dried fruit
Salsa with chips
Quicky Nachos (on a bread and butter plate put some guiltless gourmet chips, sprinkle some salsa and some reduced fat cheese, microwave till cheese melts)
English muffins or crumpets with your choice of spread
TLC's (Tasty little crackers by Kashi: love the Cheese, Ranch, and Original flavours)
Boiled egg
Cereal with either milk or yoghurt.
Apple sandwich
Banana sandwich
Vegemite or peanut butter on vita weets.
laughing cow light cheese (herb and garlic, french onion, and plain are all pretty good!)
baked beans
baked potato
cheesymite scroll
raisin toast

Umm, that's about all I can think of this morning, I know there's more.

But, basically, I try to have a carb, fruit, or vegetable, with some protein. I find it lasts longer and keeps me more satisfied with less of a spike in my blood sugar.
What do you find works for you?

0 Nibbles: