Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Streak Results Are In.

At the end of September I embarked on a streak. I endeavoured to complete a minimum of 40 minutes per day of exercise for as long as I could. If I completed twelve weeks, then I would be able to have a full body massage given by a professional masseuse.

Yesterday, I completed that streak.

Week One - Check. (320 minutes.)
Week Two - Check. (405 minutes.)
Week Three - Check. (397 minutes.)
Week Four - Check. (360 minutes)
Week Five - Check. (445 minutes)
Week Six - Check - (508 minutes.)
Week Seven - Check. (545 minutes.)
Week Eight - Check. (329 Minutes.)
Week Nine - Check. (550 minutes.)
Week Ten - Check. (440 minutes.)
Week Eleven - Check. (405 minutes.)
Week Twelve - Check. (400 minutes.)


Target: 3360
Average: 40 mins per day.

Actual: 5104.
Average: 60.76 mins per day.

All day yesterday I was humming this tune.


Over those twelve weeks I lost 9 lbs (approx 4 kgs) and dropped three dress sizes.

Here's the progress pics:
Front View
Side View

Mind you, the ones in blue top are in August and the ones in white were taken at the start of December. Still approximately 12 weeks apart. Since I don't have photos from the exact start and end dates of the challenge, these will have to do. Most importantly, they are indeed the exact same fitness, weight, and clothing sizes as I was at the start and end of the Streak.

I'm pleasantly surprised at just how many places change is apparent.

I must add, there was no dieting involved over this time period, only intuitive eating the whole way.

4 Nibbles:

Amanda said...

woohoo... 60min/day average is huge!! Well done, glad that you can see the changes too :)

Kada said...

I was surpised to have done that much. It certainly doesn't feel like it.

But, I know I'm stronger for it. Standing in the long queue at the post office tonight, I remembered last year and the year before where I whinged inside my head the whole time. Tonight, I just stood there and inched my way along with no need to lean on the bench at all. :) No sore feet either!

sandii said...

wow, can really see the difference. good work!

can i ask how tall you are??

thanks for your comments too, always happy to read them!
xx

Kada said...

Thanks, Sandii. Glad I'm not just imagining things. ;)

How tall am I? I have Duck's Disease. ie my arse is too close to the ground. I'm five feet three inches. (160 cms if you measure height in metric) and 220lbs / 100 kgs.

But, am tall when I stand next to my mum and nan. lol

Glad you could get access to comment over here. I know how frustrating it can be to have neither the time nor the computer capable of doing what you want to do.

Really do love your new hair colour by the way.