Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Christmas Gift To You All.

This isn't as exciting as the gifts Oprah is known for giving to her audience on occasion, but it's the best I could think of at the moment.

Two weeks of a little something for yourself every day, let me give you the gift of giving to yourself this holiday season. It doesn't have to be exercise-related if you don't want it to be, but I have two weeks remaining in my twelve week exercise streak and I was wondering if any of you would like to join me?

Two weeks.

Fourteen days.

Whatever amount of time you wish, doing whatever you feel like to do.


Have trouble with fruits and vegies? How about making it that you get 1 or 2 servings of one or each every day for only 14 days.

Feeling stressed? How about you take just 15 minutes a day, for fourteen days, of you time.

Do 5 minutes of stretching, every day for the whole 14.

Want to go for a walk every day but never had the motivation? Then feel free to start today... for just fourteen days.

Who knows, the streak may become a habit. Wink


Whatever it is you choose to do for your two week streak, make sure it's a doable thing and something you enjoy doing. This streak is meant to be encouraging and not about restricting anything or yourself. I'm hoping that after 14 days you'll wake up feeling fabulous that you've accomplished something in amongst the holidays, instead of waking up two weeks from now and kicking yourself for things you coulda or shoulda done.
If you're the type that this will become just another chore to add to the list, then feel free to say, "Thanks, but no thanks."

If you wanna do it, then pick ONE thing you can repeat 14 times to help make you feel special, energized, good about yourself, and eager to greet christmas(or whichever religious observance you have at this time of year) and the new year with a smile on your face!

Got any friends you wanna give this gift to? Then by all means pass it on. Just tell 'em to remember, "Good health is the best gift you can give yourself and those around you too."

Hmm, how about we call this the Healthy Gift Meme. Pass around the Holiday Cheer, folks!

Happy Holidays!

4 Nibbles:

Marshmallow said...

Count me in, Kada! I'll be gunning for exercise every day, and I'll log it daily over on C&E. Gotta prep ourselves good and proper for the silly season!

Kada said...

Woohoo!

Glad to hear it.

Glam said...

Hmm... I'm thinking I could try drinking my water every day for the next 14? I really have a problem with the water consumption.

Great idea!

Kada said...

Good for you, Glam! Water is one of a woman's most important beauty tools. ;) It helps make the skin look fabulous.