Monday, December 18, 2006

Doesn't that rot ya socks off?

All measurements are in centimetres.

Last month:

Upper Chest: 100.0
Bustline: 120.5
Upper Right Arm: 45.4
Midriff: 97.0
Waistline: 105.9
Upper Hips: 133.0
Hips/Buttocks: 136.1
Right Thigh: 71.5
Left Thigh: 71.2
Right Calf: 44.3
Left Calf: 42.1

TOTAL: 967 cms


This month:

Upper Chest: 103.4
Bustline: 120.5
Upper Right Arm: 44.9
Midriff: 97.0
Waistline: 105.4
Upper Hips: 134.4
Hips/Buttocks: 136.1
Right Thigh: 70.4
Left Thigh: 73.9
Right Calf: 44.4
Left Calf: 44.5

TOTAL: 974.9 cms
Gain of 7.9 cms / 3.1 inches

Now, I know for a fact that some of this gain is muscle. Why? Because my left thigh and calf are now evenish with my right leg (right is dominant) and my pecs are stronger as well. However, the rest is a whole other story.

Bloating, oh how I loathe thee!

I'd been going to measure last weekend because I knew that this time last month was when the first of the PMS bloat started. Alaskaboy was busy baking however and we didn't get time to get the measurments done. (I did do a quickie measure of my hips and waist, and was pleased with the results.) I now wish I'd made the time.

Woke up this morning and weighed in several pounds heavier and with a belly that's all puffy and squishy. I knew I was in trouble yesterday morning when I tried on the 16w shorts, and had trouble zipping it up.
At least now that I'm a little healthier the bloating is much more readily apparent than it used to be. Even my upper chest (over the pecs and top of boobs) is slightly squishy.
Disappointed is an understatment for how I'm feeling, especially with this week s'posed to have been the final measurements to the 12 week challenge also. Instead, I will be using last month's measures as they are a truer indication of what's actually happened.

BUT! Wait a minny... (There's always a but.)
I'm bloated up the wazoo. I mean, it's really obvious, even Alaskaboy can tell that my belly is bigger than last night.

Then... I just realised, how friggen awesome is it that the measurement for hips/buttocks, which yes runs right smack dab around the middle of the lower part of the pannus for extra bloaty goodness, is exactly the same as last month?

January, here I come!

6 Nibbles:

Wanna_B_slim said...

Woooohooooooo Gotta love bloating....
Go you for the same measurements even with the bloating... Will be gr8 to measure when thats gone...
Hope you are doing ok...
Hugs Nannette

c2s Hayley said...

To bloat or not to bloat, THAT is the question. LOL! Good to see you handling it with good grace and knowing that it's not a true indication of what you've achieved.

Amanda said...

stupid bloating. Shall be the death of us all, I'm sure!

But yay for having the same measurements regardless of bloating, thats awesome!

Kada said...

I'm doing well, Nannette. Feeling kinda strange now that I'm finished the streak to be honest. Now what'll I do? ;)

Am pondering my 2007 goals too. Is nice to finish the year on a weight loss high I must admit. First time in five years at least. :)

Kada said...

I WAS shitty, believe you me, Hayles. But, not so much today since my 16W jeans still do fit, thankfully! First pair I tried on, didn't realise they were a hipsterish pair. Nearly cried when the button went nowhere near me. But the other regular waist pants fit.

Kada said...

I thought of you when I got done with the measurements and saw the comparison with last month.
I'm guessing you kinda felt how I did. Wanted to just ... I don't know. Cry or yelll or throw the stupid measurement system out the window.