Saturday, December 02, 2006

Clothes Maketh The Man.

Clothes, I'm pretty sure we all wear them on a regular basis. Even if there are any nudists who read this, you'd still need to wear clothes outside of the house at certain times, right?

So, in regards to this, I'm issuing a Clothing Challenge. If no one else wants to join in, that's ok, I'll just do it myself. ;)

Find a piece of clothing that almost fits, but is only a little too small. I don't mean one or two sizes too small, I'm talking realistically here. Only a little too small. Well, maybe a size or two if you're going to make the challenge last the next three months for the whole winter/summer.

Myself personally, I have a pair of cargo shorts that will button up, but the zip won't even budge. Cannot budge due to my belly flap protruding from the zipper.
I also have an A-Line middle-of-the-calf-length floaty kind of summer skirt that does indeed zip up. But it's all bunched up at my waist. ie I have to hike it up to get it zipped and then it won't settle back where it belongs. Currently, the hem sits just below my knees.

My December Challanege (or winter challenge if I don't make it by the end of December) is to fit into both those pair of clothes. And when I say fit, I mean comfortabley. Able to wear them for long periods of time and do whatever, without worrying about split seams, riding up, or having to choose between breathing and eating.

The shorts I can't wear as it's winter, but the skirt I could get away with if I wear some tights underneath. I want to wear that skirt before I'm too small to get any wear out of them. I also don't want to wait for summer to wear them, I have other nice clothes I wanna be wearing by then!

So anyone got something lurking in their closet that they'd love to wear for christmas, or New Years Eve, or by the end of February, but are just a smidge too much for its seams to handle? Join me in this challenge, if you like.

7 Nibbles:

Glam said...

That sounds like a great idea! I have a pair of jeans that I love, but can't squeeze my arse into. I think I wore them once or twice before, but can't fit into them now. I'd love to get them on comfortably by the beginning of the new year!

Good luck! I'm with ya!

Marshmallow said...

What a great idea, Kada! I'm sure I've got something lurking around somewhere that's a bit on the snug side - once I've fished it out, I'll be right there with you :-D

Kada said...

"I'd love to get them on comfortably by the beginning of the new year!"

You'll do it, Glam! I'd say no sweat, but I'm bettin' there'll be plenty of sweatin' involved. LOL

Kada said...

"I'm sure I've got something lurking around somewhere that's a bit on the snug side - once I've fished it out, I'll be right there with you :-D"

Awesome! Can't wait to see pics of you proudly wearing them! Of everyone wearing their comfy clothes. :D

kathrynoh said...

I've got a pair of black jeans that fit but with a shocking muffin top, so I'll take the challenge and be muffinless!

Kada said...

Here's to edible muffins, not muffintops on the bod! Woohoo!

Kada said...

Anyone got ideas on how to compare progress each week or fortnight?