Friday, November 10, 2006

Shhhomebody shhhtop meee!

The lure is so very enticing, I don't know if I can stop myself from succumbing. O Siren, sing on sweet seductress, tempt me, tempt me DO!

Yet, if I give in, will you still love me tomorrow? Will I still love me tomorrow, or even be able to look myself in the eye in the mirror?

Of course not.

What to do, what to do!

I've tried distracting myself all morning. First by the sheer drudgery that is a week's worth of dishes, then by using my other drug of choice: the internet. But, alas, I have caught up on all the sites I love to visit, its life saving grip is slowly. . . agonisingly . . . letting me slip.

Grip! Yes, that's it, get a grip, Woman!

First, to exercise. Out of the house is a wonderful thing. To walk, perchance to brainstorm. I have my second novel begging to be started. but wait, I have to revise the first one, and two short stories, they're part of my November goals.

Hark! What voice from yonder loungeroom comes?

Maybe I should make Alaskaboy take the temptation with him to work? But, how does that teach me to do without? It doesn't.

{sigh}

Perhaps I do need to remove it though, at least until I'm fairly sure that bait is no longer of any consequence.

No! I shall be strong. Call that a siren song? That's not a siren song, THIS is a siren song. {basks in the light cast by the vision of me successfully achieveing ALL my goals this month.}

Ha! Take THAT, filthy scales. I cast aside your puny attempts to shackle me into vile slavery once more. I'm free, I tell you, free at last!

Exercise, revise, adn then to write! That's the game plan. Catch yas on the flipside.


Today's post brought to you by the letters L, b and s, and the number 220.

0 Nibbles: