Friday, December 01, 2006

Ain't it a fwiggen shame!

“I'm tired,
tired of playing the game,
ain't it a crying shame?
I'm so tired,
God dammit I'm exhausted!”


Unlike Lili Von Schtupp, I don't have Stage door Johnnies hounding me, but I was off like a wabbit after the total of 2000 minutes of exercise for the month. I did make that total, but it's most certainly something I won't be doing again for quite awhile.


I'm tired. Run down. Weary down into my bones.


How do I know? Oh, it might have something to do with the second cold I caught this month. Something that's never happened to me in my life! Definitely a good indicator is, despite sleeping on average 9-10 hours a night, I still have dark circles under my eyes. And having a cold and my period at the same time are definitely not helping with the weariness.


Hooray, November is over, I say over because I've already exercised for today, and there's only eighteen days left in my twelve week exercise streak! I believe I'm only going to do the average that I actually set out to do for those twelve weeks. 40-50 minutes per day.


When I first started and was exercising around that much per day I was losing weight fairly well. Now this month that I pushed it even harder, it didn't work for me. I'm a little firmer than four weeks ago, but a hell of a lot tireder, and not that much fitter. I've actually slowed my 3 mile walk time down by five minutes! So, I'm back where I was two months ago with that distance. I thought with all this extra exercise I'd do a PB for sure. Nu-uh!


So, for December I'm gonna take it easier the first week. Rest as much as possible, whilst still keeping the streak going: i.e. mostly walking and yoga/stretching. Hopefully that'll help. I'm really looking forward to a day of complete rest on the 19th of December. Will be very interesting to see how I do in the latter half of December. Will my body demand rest for many days, or will I be itching to go again after one or two? LOL


Yes, I know I should probably have a day of rest tomorrow, or sooner than 19 days from now, but I'm already disappointed about not gaining in fitness or times this months. Don't you think it'd be a fwiggen shame if I stopped the streak with only 18 days left remaining?


If I do those 18 days . . . When we get back from our holiday, I get my prize. Total body professional massage here I come!

0 Nibbles: